Tuesday 11 February 2014

Intro

To get started, I might as well start where it all started! Which was playing inline hockey, then getting the chance to play ice and falling in love with gliding around and stopping pucks at the same time.

I have played in goal in so many sports it sounds silly and random. But I love it and having a photographic memory and selective muscle memory means I can play different sports alongside each other over a season without having any trouble, plus I like broadening my horizons and always learning, so playing a multitude of sports keeps this going. Other than being able to theoretically get a game, being obsessed with all of the parts of the position (technique, psychology etc.), and goalie styles, I also have writing ability (apparently!). And witot in mind and the opportunity to write about what I enjoy, I wanted to give it a go starting to write about ice hockey as well, for practice, for readership (for all you other goalie fanatics out there!) and to help others (whether with technique or just finding the desire to being used as target practise at beer leagues by those annoying knuckleheads!).

So, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment